"Touch key detection system defeats noise with hardware and software countermeasures", Embedded Computing Design by Nelson Quintana
|Touch Sensor System|
Best-in-Class Solutions for Capacitive Touch Applications
Intuitive Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) have become a major embedded system design trend, a feature critical for success in numerous markets. The Capacitive Touch Sensing technology has helped the rapid growth of this trend by making them more versatile, reliable, cost-effective and above all improves the aesthetics.
Applying extensive resources and experience as a global microcontroller leader, Renesas has helped accelerate the application of capacitive touch technology by offering the R8C/3xT microcontrollers (MCUs). This MCU family combines a dedicated Touch Sensor Control unit (SCU/TSCU) with the high performance 16-bit R8C CPU core to deliver Touch Key solutions that are compact, cost less and consume less power.
Key features of the R8C/3xT MCU product line includes the following:
- Single chip solution for both capacitive touch interface operation and system control tasks
- 20MHz 16-bit R8C CPU for fast application and control execution
- Hardware-assisted touch control function that uses only 15% of CPU bandwidth
- Low-power touch detection technique that consumes <20μA (average) per channel
- High integration to help decrease system cost and size
- IEC-compliant noise performance
- Optimized touch API with support for self-diagnostics (available as source code)