Overview of the RX62G Group
The RX62G group has PWM output function which achieves high resolution (max. 312.5 psec). The combination of high resolution PWM output function and high CPU performance of RX core achieved higher accuracy of inverter/converter control. When the high accuracy control is used for digital power supply control (power supply for server or general power supply system), high efficiency power management is possible. The pin assignment, safety function which is compliant with IEC60730, and peripheral functions of the RX62G group are upward compatible with those of the RX62T group. Its safety functions easily enables fail-safe control for devices which use the RX62G group. On-chip analog functions reduce external components and also reduce total cost. RX62G group also has 32 Kbyte Data Flash for data storage which allows 3K times E/W. 100-pin package and 112-pin package are supported.
A/D convertor, Amplifier, Comparator:
- RX62G has three high-speed A/D modules (12-bit A/Dx2units, 10-bit A/Dx1unit) and 20ch A/D conversions in total are possible. Each conversion time is 1μs.
- 3ch of simultaneous sampling is enabled only by one 12-bit A/D module.
- 7ch of simultaneous sampling is enabled by two 12-bit A/D modules and one 10-bit A/D module.
- The continuous A/D conversion is simplified by the double data register newly installed in 12-bitA/D module.
- RX62G has 6ch of programmable gain amplifiers.
- Each gain can be set independently.
- RX62G has 6ch of analog comparators for 12-bit A/D inputs.
- Each comparator has 3 detection modes; "Higher than the reference voltage (CVREFH)", "Lower than the reference voltage (CVREFL)" and "Window" ("Higher than CVREFH" and "Lower than CVREFL").
- The reference voltage of comparator is selectable from the external source and the internal source.
- Each comparator has 2 input modes; "After the programmable gain amplifier" and " Before the programmable gain amplifier" .
- The result of comparison can control timer GPT.
Control contents: Counter Start /Stop /Clear, PWM control
- RX62G has 16-bit timer x 16ch; MTU3 (100MHz operation,8ch), GPT(100MHz operation, 4ch), and CMT (4ch).
- RX62G has 3ch of three-phase complementary PWM (MTU3x2ch, GPTx1ch) for controlling 3 motors.
- MTU3 supports complementary PWM for which the load of software is less than MTU2.
- GPT can independently control 4ch of single phase inverter with the complementary PWM.
- GPT can independently control the right and the left dead-time of complementary PWM.
- Lineup of 5V single power.
- Lineup with CAN and without CAN.
- Lineup of 0.5mm and 0.65mm pitch PKG.
- Memory-protection unit (MPU) is built in for all products.
Memory vs. Package Lineup
RX62G Group Block Diagram
RX62G Group Specifications
|CPU Core||RX CPU
|Maximum operating frequency||100MHz|
|Power supply voltage||4.0 to 5.5V|
|Floating-point processing unit||Single-precision floating-point processing unit
(Supports add / subtract / compare / multiply / divide and other instructions)
(for program storage)
|Max. 256 KB|
|Flash ROM (for data storage)||Max. 32 KB|
|RAM||Max. 16 KB|
|On-chip peripheral functions||
|On-chip debugging function||Yes (with trace function)|
|Low power consumption modes||4 modes
|Packages||PLQP0100KB-A (100-pin LFQFP, 14 x 14mm, 0.5mm pitch)
PLQP0112JA-A (112-pin LQFP, 20 x 20mm 0.65mm pitch)