Overview of the RX63T Group
The RX63T Group is a complement to the RX62T group, bringing lower and higher memory, lower and higher pin-count variants. It has an expanded pin package lineup and memory lineup and features enhanced safety functions over the RX62T Group. In addition to use as a general-purpose microcontroller (MCU), the RX63T is suitable for single-motor control of consumer electronics devices such as washing machines and refrigerators and for single-motor control/small-motor control of industrial equipment. Some safety functions, such as a data calculation circuit for checking RAM status and a clock frequency accuracy measuring circuit for confirming that a clock frequency is within a specified range, have been added compared to the RX62T Group, facilitating enhanced fail-safe design. The RX63T Group has 8 Kbyte and 32 Kbyte E2 data flash for data storage which allows 100K times E/W. 48-pin, 64-pin, 100-pin, 112-pin, 120-pin and 144-pin packages are available.
A/D convertor, Amplifier, Comparator:
- RX63T has three high-speed A/D modules (12-bit A/Dx2units, 10-bit A/Dx1unit) and max.28ch A/D conversions in total are possible. Each conversion time is 1μs.
- 3ch of simultaneous sampling is enabled only by one 12-bit A/D module.*1
- 7ch of simultaneous sampling is enabled by two 12-bit A/D modules and one 10-bit A/D module.
- The continuous A/D conversion is simplified by the double data register newly installed in 12-bitA/D module.
- RX63T has 6ch of programmable gain amplifiers.*2
- Each gain can be set independently.
- RX63T has 6ch of analog comparators for 12-bit A/D inputs.
- Each comparator has 3 detection modes; "Higher than the reference voltage (CVREFH)", "Lower than the reference voltage (CVREFL)" and "Window" ("Higher than CVREFH" and "Lower than CVREFL").
- The reference voltage of comparator is selectable from the external source and the internal source.
- Each comparator has 2 input modes; "After the programmable gain amplifier" and " Before the programmable gain amplifier" .
- The result of comparison can control timer GPT.
Control contents: Counter Start /Stop /Clear, PWM control
- RX63T has 16-bit timer x max.20ch; MTU3 (100MHz operation,8ch), GPT(100MHz operation, 4ch), and CMT (4ch).
- RX63T has 3ch of three-phase complementary PWM (MTU3x2ch, GPTx1ch) for controlling 3 motors.
- MTU3 supports complementary PWM for which the load of software is less than MTU2.
- GPT can independently control max.8ch of single phase inverter with the complementary PWM.
- GPT can independently control the right and the left dead-time of complementary PWM.
- 5V single power*3 and 3.3V single power*4 lineup. For the 3.3V products, analog power 5V supply setting is also available*5.
- Lineup with CAN *3 and without CAN.
- Lineup of USB 2.0 Host/Function Module*6
- Lineup of D/A Converter.*3
- Lineup of External bus extension.*3
- Lineup of 0.5mm and 0.65mm pitch PKG.
- Memory-protection unit (MPU) is built in for all products.
*1: R5F563TxxxFL, R5F563TxxxFM: 3ch of simultaneous sampling is enabled.
*2 R5F563TxxxFL, R5F563TxxxFM: Not supported.
*3: R5F563TxxxFL, R5F563TxxxFM: Not supported.
*4: R5F563TxxxFL, R5F563TxxxFM：5-V Tolerant is supported.
*5: R5F563TxxxFL, R5F563TxxxFM: Not supported.
*6: R5F563TxxxFA, R5F563TxxxFB:Supported.
Memory vs. Package Lineup
RX63T Group Block Diagram
RX63T Group Specifications
|CPU Core||RX CPU |
|Maximum operating frequency||100MHz|
|Power supply voltage||64-pin and under: 2.7 to 3.6V|
100-pin and over: 2.7 to 3.6V, 4.0 to 5.5V
|Floating-point processing unit||Single-precision floating-point processing unit |
(Supports add /subtract /compare /multiply /divide and other instructions)
|Flash ROM |
(for program storage)
|Flash ROM (for data storage)||Max. 32KB|
|On-chip peripheral functions|
|On-chip debugging function||Yes (with trace function)|
|Low power consumption modes||4 modes |
|Packages||PLQP0048KB-A (48-pin LFQFP, 7 x 7mm, 0.5mm pitch)|
PLQP0064KB-A (64-pin LFQFP, 10 x 10mm, 0.5mm pitch)
PLQP0100KB-A (100-pin LFQFP, 14 x 14 mm, 0.5 pitch)
PLQP0112JA-A (112-pin LQFP, 20 x 20 mm, 0.65 pitch)
PLQP0120KA-A (120-pin LFQFP, 16 x 16 mm, 0.5 pitch)
PLQP0144KA-A (144-pin LFQFP, 20 x 20 mm, 0.5 pitch)