The Renesas Demonstration Kit (RDK) for RX62N is an evaluation and demonstration tool for Renesas RX62N microcontrollers. The goal is to provide the user with a powerful debug and demonstration platform targeted at common applications. The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and debugging, using the High-performance Embedded Workshop (HEW) IDE as well as programming the device using the on-board SEGGER J-Link JTAG debugger.
The Renesas Demonstration Kit for RX62N is also the hardware platform that is included in a special RX62N-specific edition of Micrium's book on the µC/OS-III Real Time Kernel. The book and board combo targets serious programmers and college students who need to understand and create programs based on the timesaving features of a real-time kernel. Part I of the text covers the internals of the new µC/OS-III real-time kernel. The emphasis is on the internals, features, API calls, and where and how to use an RTOS, all presented in a clear and useful way, and accompanied by a wealth of diagrams. Part II provides specific examples for using µC/OS-III on the new Renesas RX62N microcontroller.
When you would like to start software development or MCU evaluation, please access to Design Support.
Target Applications and Features
|User Code and Application Debugging|
- 96MHz RX62N MCU board with integrated debugger and huge peripheral set including Ethernet, CAN, and USB
- USB Mini A/B to Host Cable
- USB Debugger Cable
- Installation CD containing:
- High-Performance Embedded Workshop (HEW) with updated Project Generator
- RX Family C/C++ Toolchains (Renesas 128K evaluation version, Full KPIT GNU version, IAR Embedded WorkBench 2.30)
- Quick-Start Guide (x4)
- RX62N Sample Projects (IAR and PG)
- Documentation (User's Manual, Data Sheets, and more)