The Renesas Demonstration Kit (RDK) for RX63N is an evaluation and demonstration tool for Renesas RX63N microcontrollers. The goal is to provide the user with a powerful debug and demonstration platform targeted at common applications. The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and debugging, using the High-performance Embedded Workshop (HEW) IDE as well as programming the device using the on-board SEGGER J-Link JTAG debugger.
The Renesas Demonstration Kit for RX63N is also the hardware platform that is included in a special RX63N-specific edition of Micrium's book on the µC/OS-III Real Time Kernel. The book and board combo targets serious programmers and college students who need to understand and create programs based on the timesaving features of a real-time kernel. Part I of the text covers the internals of the new µC/OS-III real-time kernel. The emphasis is on the internals, features, API calls, and where and how to use an RTOS, all presented in a clear and useful way, and accompanied by a wealth of diagrams. Part II provides specific examples for using µC/OS-III on the new Renesas RX63N microcontroller.
When you would like to start software development or MCU evaluation, please access to Design Support.
Target Applications and Features
|User Code and Application Debugging|
- 96 MHz RX63N MCU board with integrated debugger and huge peripheral set including Ethernet, CAN, and USB
- USB Mini A/B to Host Cable
- USB Debugger Cable
- Installation DVD containing:
- E2 studio Eclipse-based IDE from Renesas
- High-Performance Embedded Workshop (HEW)
- RX Family C/C++ Toolchains (Renesas 128 K evaluation version, Full GNU version)
- IAR Embedded WorkBench compiler/debugger, 64 KB KickStart version
- Mirium μC/Probe 3.1 eval version
- RX63N Sample Projects and RTOS
- User's Manual, datasheets and more
- Quick-start guide
|Tools Orderable Part Number(s)||Distributor Name||Distributor Region||Description||Suggested Price/pcs|
|YRDKRX63N||ARROW ELECTRONICS||US||Low-cost RX63N demonstration kit||$125.04|
|YRDKRX63N||AVNET EXPRESS AMERICAS||US||Low-cost RX63N demonstration kit||$99|
|YRDKRX63N||DIGI-KEY CORPORATION||US||Low-cost RX63N demonstration kit||$117.14|
|YRDKRX63N||FUTURE ELECTRONICS||US||Low-cost RX63N demonstration kit||$99|