Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/23
Device Part No. populated on the board: R5F21237JFP (R8C/23 Group)
The Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/23 is intended as a user-friendly introductory and evaluation tool for the R8C/23 microcontroller. The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and debugging, using High-performance Embedded Workshop as well as programming the device using E8a emulator and/or Flash Development Toolkit.
The Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/23 may be connected to the host PC using a simple RS232 serial connection (not normally fitted) or via the included USB E8a on chip debugging interface.
The purpose of the board is to enable the user to evaluate the capabilities of the device and its peripherals by giving the user a simple platform on which code can be run only minutes from opening box. It can also prove an invaluable tool in development by providing a useful test platform for code already debugged using one of our more powerful emulation tools.
Layout and Specification
The LCD display module is supplied as a detachable sub-board. The board dimensions are 85 mm by 100 mm, detailed dimensions are available in the user manual.
|Input Clock||20 MHz|
|Potentiometer||Single-turn, 10 kΩ|
|LED||Power indicator: green x 1|
|Boot indicator: orange x 1|
|User: green x 1, orange x 1, red x 2|
|Switch||Reset x 1|
|User/Boot x 1|
|User x 2|
|DC Power Jack||3 V to 5 V Input|
|E8a Header||14-pin box header|
|RS232 Serial Connector||9-pin DSUB|
|LCD Display Connector||14-pin Socket|
|LIN Connector||2.54 mm pitch, 3-pin (VBAT x 1, LIN Bus Line x 1, Ground x 1)|
|CAN Connector||2.54 mm pitch, 3-pin (CANN Bus Line x 2, Ground x 1)|
|Microcontroller Pin Header||2.54 mm pitch, 14-pin x 4|
|Application Board Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 26-pin x 2|
* RS232 Serial Connector, LIN Connector, Power Connector (for LIN), CAN Connector,
Microcontroller Pin Header and Application Board Interface are not contained in the product.
* The potentiometer is fitted to offer an easy way of supplying a variable analog input to the controller. It does not necessarily reflect the accuracy of the controllers ADC. Please see the device manual for details.
Manufacturer Name: PIHER INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Part Number: N6R (6 mm RoHS reflowable potentiometer)
- CPU Board
- Detachable LCD Display Module
- Detachable AD Adjustment Shaft
- E8a Emulator
- Connection Cable (USB Cable, User Interface Cable)
- Quick Start Guide
- Documents: User Manual, Tutorial, and more
- IDE: High-performance Embedded Workshop
- C Compiler: M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version
- Debugger: E8a Emulator Debugger
- Flash Memory Programmer: Flash Development Toolkit Evaluation Version
- The M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services. In addition, The M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version has some restrictions compared to the M3T-NC30WA Professional Version.
Trial period: 60 days
The link size will be limited to 64 KB after 60 days.
- The Flash Development Toolkit Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services.
PC System Requirements
- IBM PC/AT or compatible PC (USB interface necessary) *1
- Intel Pentium Ⅲ 600 MHz or higher *3
- Memory 128 MB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000/ Windows XP *2
*1: IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.
*2: MS, MS-DOS and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation of the U.S.
*3: Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation of the U.S.
If you encounter problems concerning the bundled debugger (E8a), please contact http://www.renesas.com/contact/.
When contacting us, please have the following information ready:
your name, company name, department name, fax number, MCU part number (ex. MCU: R5F21237JFP), tool part number, version of debugger and a brief description of the problem.
C Compiler M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version and Flash Development Toolkit Evaluation Version do not come with technical support services.
This product can be purchased through the normal sales channels.
|Product Name||Debugger Supplied||Part Number |
|Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/23||E8a||R0K521237S001BE||Available|