Tool Stock and Availability
Note : Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/LA8A
Device Part No. populated on the board: R5F2LA88ANFP (R8C/LA8A Group)
The Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/LA8A is intended as a user-friendly introductory and evaluation tool for the R8C/LA8A microcontroller. The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and debugging, using High-performance Embedded Workshop as well as programming the device using E8a emulator and/or Flash Development Toolkit.
The Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/LA8A may be connected to the host PC using a simple RS232 serial connection or via the included USB E8a on chip debugging interface.
The purpose of the board is to enable the user to evaluate the capabilities of the device and its peripherals by giving the user a simple platform on which code can be run only minutes from opening box. It can also prove an invaluable tool in development by providing a useful test platform for code already debugged using one of our more powerful emulation tools.
Layout and Specification
The LCD Application Board V2 and the LCD display module is supplied as a detachable sub-board.
The board dimensions are 100 mm by 120 mm, detailed dimensions are available in the user manual.
|Input Clock||Main: 20 MHz
|Sub: 32.768 kHz|
|Potentiometer||Single-turn, 10 kΩ|
|LED||Power indicator: green x 1|
|User: green x 1, orange x 1, red x 2|
|Switch||Reset x 1|
|User x 3
|DC Power Jack||5 V Input|
|E8a Header||14-pin box header|
|RS232 Serial Connector||9-pin DSUB|
|LCD Display Connector||14-pin socket|
|LCD Panel Connector||50-pin socket (JA4)
|Microcontroller Pin Header||2.54 mm pitch, 36-pin x 4 (J1 to J4)
|Application Board Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 26-pin (JA1, JA2), 24-pin (JA5, JA6)
* Microcontroller Pin Header and Application Board Interface are not contained in the product.
- CPU Board
- Detachable LCD Application Board V2
- Detachable LCD Display Module
- Detachable AD Adjustment Shaft
- E8a Emulator
- Connection Cable (USB Cable, User Interface Cable)
- Quick Start Guide
- Documents: User Manual, Tutorial, and more
- IDE: High-performance Embedded Workshop
- C Compiler: M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version
- Debugger: E8a Emulator Debugger
- Flash Memory Programmer: Flash Development Toolkit Evaluation Version
- The M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services. In addition, The M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version has some restrictions compared to the M3T-NC30WA Professional Version.
Trial period: 60 days
The link size will be limited to 64 KB after 60 days.
- The Flash Development Toolkit Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services.
PC System Requirements
- IBM PC/AT or compatible PC (USB interface necessary) *1
- Intel Pentium Ⅲ 600 MHz or higher *3
- Memory 128 MB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000/ Windows XP/ Windows Vista *2
*1: IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.
*2: MS, MS-DOS and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation of the U.S.
*3: Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation of the U.S.
If you encounter problems concerning the bundled debugger (E8a), please contact http://www.renesas.com/contact/.
When contacting us, please have the following information ready:
your name, company name, department name, fax number, MCU part number (ex. MCU: R5F2LA88ANFP), tool part number, version of debugger and a brief description of the problem.
C Compiler M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version and Flash Development Toolkit Evaluation Version do not come with technical support services.
This product can be purchased through the normal sales channels.
|Product Name||Debugger Supplied||Part Number |
|Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/LA8A||E8a||R0K502LA8S000BE||Available|