- Further Information
- H8S/2168 group
The 3DK board consists of an H8S-2166 microcontroller (MCU) mounted on a circuit board with 8 independent LEDs connected to an I/O port to allow simple visual output from the MCU. Two switches allow interrupt input to the MCU and a variable resistor is connected to an Analogue-to-Digital Converter (ADC) input allowing an analogue voltage to be measured. The board provides serial i/o via the RS-232 port and also provided is a header connector around the MCU which provides access to the MCU I/O pins. The board is layout out to allow an external SRAM and control circuitry to be fitted on the underside, this is described in the documentation but not supplied with the board.
While sample programs may be downloaded using the freely downloadable Flash Development Toolkit [FDT], for more in depth evaluation or program development an E10A-USB on-chip debugging emulator (not included) should be used via the debug connector on the board.
Main uses for the 3-D board:
- Demo tool where the basic functions of the MCU can be tested or demonstrated. Sample programs can be downloaded to the MCU via the serial port.
- Benchmarking target board for evaluating the MCU performance, allowing compilation, debugging and benchmarking of the user's own code using the E10A-USB on-chip debugging emulator.
Support documentation including schematics and a test program can be downloaded by selecting the Downloads link on this page menu.
- 3-D board
- Header Connectors
The 3-D board includes:
- H8S/2166 Flash microcontroller
- 33 MHz Main clock from 8.25 MHz crystal
- 8 independent LEDs (2mA low current type) connected to an I/O port.·
- 2 push switches connected to Interrupt pins.
- Push switch connected to RESET pin.
- Push switch to place MCU in boot mode.
- Variable resistor connected to the A-D converter A/D input
- MCU header connector (0.1" pitch) to allow connection to all the MCU port pins.
- Serial host communications port.
- 6V external power connector (barrel type, centre positive)
- Boot mode FLASH connector for use with FDM.
The 3DK2166 can be purchased through Renesas Electronics network of distributors and representatives.