- Further Information
The 3DK board consists of an H8S-2218Umicrocontroller (MCU) mounted on to a circuit board with 8 independent LEDs connected to an I/O port to allow simple visual output from the MCU. Two switches allow interrupt input to the MCU and a variable resistor is connected to an Analogue-to-Digital Converter (ADC) input allowing an analogue voltage to be measured. The board can be interfaced to a PC via the RS-232 port where C-coded programs may be downloaded to the MCU using the HMON debugger software provided. Also provided is a header connector around the MCU which provides access to the MCU I/O pins.
Main uses for the 3-D board:
- Demo tool where the basic functions of the MCU can be tested or demonstrated. Sample programs on the CD-ROM can be downloaded to the MCU via the serial port.
- Benchmarking target board for evaluating the MCU performance, allowing compilation, debugging and benchmarking of the user's own code.
- 3-D board
- Jumper link
- Header Connectors
- CD-ROM code size limited Renesas compiler, source level debugger and tutorial code examples.
The 3-D board includes:
- H8S/2218U Flash microcontroller
- 24 MHz Main oscillator, 32Ksub clock oscillator
- 8 independent LEDs (2mA low current type) connected to an I/O port.·
- 2 push switches connected to Interrupt pins.
- Push switch connected to RESET pin.
- Push switch to place MCU in boot mode.
- Variable resistor connected to the A-D converter A/D input
- MCU header connector (0.1" pitch) to allow connection to all the MCU port pins.
- Serial host communications port.
- 5V external power connector (barrel type, centre positive)
- Boot mode FLASH connector for use with FDM.
- Schematic (PDF 77kB)
- Quick Start Guide (PDF 165kB)
The 3DK2218 is designed and manufactured by Renesas Electronics Europe and can be purchased through the normal sales channels.