R0K866597D020BR USB 2.0 Eval Board
Target Device: R8A66597FP
Target Device Description:
- Built-in USB Host Controller and Peripheral Controller
- Toggle between USB Host functions and Peripheral functions based on register value
- Built-in USB transceiver
- Device Data sheet
- PCB Guidelines for the device
R0K866597D020BR (Eval Board) Features:
- Equipped with a R8A66597FP Hi-speed USB embedded host controller.
- Utilized also as a USB peripheral function.
- Equipped with a pair of the Series A receptacles, and can be utilized for evaluation and advanced development of a Hi-speed USB embedded host application.
- Equipped with connectors that can be used to bridge with Renesas Starter Kits, jump-starting your evaluation and development .
- Port Usages:
- USB Ports 0 and 1 can be used for up to two host ports concurrently; or
- USB Port 0 can be used for a peripheral port. Port 1 must remain unused in that case. Since the eval board uses a Type A receptacle for port 0 (as well as port 1), a suitable mechanical adapter will be needed (A-plug to B-receptacle) to accommodate a typical USB host-to-peripheral cable (A-plug to B-plug).
- Note: The R8A66597 device supports OTG on port 0, but the evaluation board does not implement a complete OTG solution.
- Targeted to use with the following Renesas Starter Kits.
- Renesas Starter Kit + for RX62N
- Renesas Starter Kit for RX610
Software documents and sample code:
- USB sample driver, USB Basic Firmware, USB host mass storage class drivers.
- Evaluation board hardware instruction manual
- Sample software and documentation
- 1 unit of R0K866597D020BR USB 2.0 Eval Board.
- Mating connectors for RSK+ platform or equivalent.
- Mating connector for power connector.