Network software library - Ultracompact TCP/IP protocol stack [high-speed version]
M3S-T4-Tiny (hereafter abbreviated "T4") is a communications protocol software library for Renesas microcontrollers. It makes TCP/IP communication possible in an Ethernet-connected network for all types of equipment that incorporates Renesas microcontrollers. It has been developed based on the advanced version of TCP/IP protocol stack, or M3S-T3-Tiny (hereafter abbreviated "T3"), by altering its specifications to enable the Ethernet interrupt. Furthermore, since T4 can process TCP/IP at high speed, it helps to reduce functional implementations to a possible minimum, thereby enabling the user to realize compact programs.
This product supplies the basic TCP/IP functions that are needed when building network environments. (See the conceptual image shown below.)
Use of T4 enables network functions to be embodied in every system that incorporates the Renesas microcontroller easily with low cost.
High-quality, network-support embedded equipment such as Internet cameras, remote supervise/control systems and networking consumer electronics now find ever growing demands. Renesas microcontrollers, Renesas middleware and Renesas development tools (e.g., compilers, realtime OS and debuggers) used in combination help to realize prompt development and cost reduction for these pieces of equipment.
Furthermore, evaluation boards also are available that will help you start using T4 immediately. For details, please refer to Condtions of Use.
|Target Device||Product Name||Part Number |
|RX Family||M3S-T4-Tiny for the RX Family||R0MRX60PT0020RRC||Available|
|SH-41||M3S-T4-Tiny for the SH-4||R0M0400PT0020RRC||Available|
|SH-2A||M3S-T4-Tiny for the SH-2A||R0M02A0PT0020RRC||Available|
|V850||M3S-T4-Tiny for the V850 Family||-||Under Development2|
|M16C Family||M3S-T4-Tiny for the M16C Family||R0M3060PT0020RRC||Available|
|H8S/2600 Series||M3S-T4-Tiny for the H8S Family||R0M8200PT0020RRC||Available|
1. Applies only little-endian.
2. The evaluation versions available.
For how to apply the product, please refer to "How to Apply".
Downloading evaluation version
- The evaluation version of T4 for the MCUs are available. Please download from here.
- Embedding Application Support Software Library sample codes in product designs for mass production allows the customer.
To obtain the evaluation versions, follow these steps:
- Go to the Application and Sample Code page.
- In the list, find the following application note:
- T4: "RX Family TCP/IP for Embedded system M3S-T4-Tiny Module Firmware Integration Technology"
- T4 library and documentation are included.
If you want to learn how to use the T4, download this application note and sample code.
- Sample Program that utilizes the T4:
"RX Family Sample code that uses TCP/IP for Embedded system M3S-T4-Tiny Firmware Integration Technology"
- If you want to check the operation of the sample program using the RX62N, RX63N, or RX64M CPU boards, please download this application note and sample code.
- T4, and the sample program that utilizes the T4:
"xxx TCP/IP for Embedded system M3S-T4-Tiny: Introduction Guide"
- T4 Library, documentation and sample programs are organized in one package.
NOTE: xxx indicates a name of MCUs.
- Click the "Sample program" link in the right of the above title.
- Read through the AGREEMENT; then click on Agree.
- Download the sample program from the Download page.